Erasmus+ WORK4CE Project
Starting in January 2020, the Azerbaijan Customs Academy (ACA) developed its project concept paper and joined an Erasmus+ KA2 Capacity Building in Higher Education (2020-EAC/A02/2019) project application consortium led by the National University Zaporizhzhia Polytechnic in Ukraine. In August 2020, the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) of the European Union disclosed the selection results and the project was granted a funding.
"Cross-domain competencies for healthy and safe work in the 21-st century".
Abbreviated title: "Work4CE"
November 2020 - November 2023
The consoritum includes the following universities, in addition to the ACA:
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Belgium)
- Dortmund University of Applied Sciences (Germany)
- Kyiv University of Construction and Architecture (Ukraine)
- Azerbaijan State Oil and Industry University
- Universidad del Pais Vasco (Spain)
- Azerbaijan Architecture and Construction University
- Ternopil National Economic University (Ukraine)
Work4CE will develop new forms of university-enterprise collaboration within the digital era to improve employability of the graduates. Through the implementation of a successful co-production approach of lecturers, industry experts and members of professional associations (as used in the EuroPIM consortium in the programme countries) new, job-related competences for the management of the digital transformation will be developed. This approach will overcome the gap between academia and industry in the partner countries and equip graduates with competences to cope with the transformation of working environments, to assess where they are and where they want to go (analysis, strategy), to transform to a sustainable working environment, to consider occupational safety and health etc.
More information: Erasmus+ and Work4Ce project webpages.
Work4CE at the ACA
The overall objective of the ACA in the Work4CE project is to modernize and strenghten its capacities to educate highly specialized and professional human resources for the Customs sector of Azerbaijan.
In that regard, the Academy aims to pursue not least the following specific purposes that will allow to modernize and improve its learning and teaching system, curricula, institutional capacity, organizational functioning, governance and management, in line with the relevant practices of the Consortium's European universities:
- To adjust the ACA's Customs education in Azerbaijan to the demands of the "Industry 4.0" and "Workforce 4.0"
- To adjust the ACA's Customs education in Azerbaijan with the requirements of the digital transformations of the Azerbaijani Customs structures
- To introduce the selected innovative and highly demanded academic modules into its two academic degree programs
- To establish a Customs Career Development Center within the ACA
More information on the project will be provided throughout the project implementation period.
The European Commission's support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.